Medical Disclaimer and Allergies Precautions
Although our products are made with all natural ingredients, people can be allergic to natural ingredients such as plants, nuts and oils. An ingredient that is very mild and soothing for one person can be an allergen for another.
Each product description on our website includes a complete list of ingredients.
- Please read through all ingredients listed.
- People who have food allergies are not always allergic to the same items in skin care products.
- In case you are in doubt do an “allergy patch test.”
Before using any new product you should perform a patch test for reactions or sensitivities.
ALLERGY PATCH TEST
- Apply a small amount of the item you are testing* on the upper part of your inner arm (at the crook of the elbow).
- Cover it with a bandage.
- Choose a time of day where you can leave the patch test in place for least 24 hours without getting it wet.
- If you are sensitive to any of the ingredients, a reaction such as reddening, burning, itching, or other irritation, should occur within twenty-four hours of application.
- If you don’t see or feel any reaction, the preparation is probably safe to use.
*If you are testing herbs, mix a small amount of herbs with water to make a paste. Apply the herbal paste for the patch test.
WHAT IS PATCH TESTING?
Patch testing is a way of identifying a substance that causes contact dermatitis (inflammation of the skin). There are two types of contact dermatitis: irritant contact dermatitis and allergic contact dermatitis.
- Irritant contact dermatitis: An irritant reaction does not involve the immune system. It is most pronounced immediately after the patch is removed and fades over the next day. Although a substance that causes an irritant reaction may exacerbate skin conditions such as eczema, the reaction will not get worse with repeated exposure to the irritant.
- Allergic contact dermatitis: An allergic reaction is due to substance called an allergen and occurs only in those who are allergic to that particular substance. These reactions involve the immune system. Since an allergic reaction may take a few days to develop, if you are an allergic type person it is important to keep an eye on the patch area for a few days after the patch is removed before using the product. A substance that causes an allergic reaction should be avoided completely. The more times the skin is exposed to the substance, the worse the allergic reaction can become.
Some of our soaps have no scent added—you’ll love the earthy smell of natural soap. Many have distinct natural aromas due to honey, grains, flowers, spices or herbs.
Scented soaps have all natural plant essential oils added, not synthetic fragrances. Again “all-natural” does not mean “allergy-free.” Natural plant essential oils may still cause skin irritation or reactions in certain individuals.
If you notice any adverse affects, please discontinue use.
People with severe allergies–please note: If you have severe anaphylactic type reactions to ANY of the ingredients we use please do not buy our products. Our soap shop is kept meticulously clean and all soaps/shampoos are cured in separate containers. But we cannot guarantee that one soap did not touch another.
While many of the herbs, essential oils, and other natural ingredients in our handmade soaps are believed to have healing properties, they are not to be used to self-medicate or treat any form of physical or mental disease or health problem. We do not recommend the use of these products as substitute for medical care.
Please consult your doctor or qualified health professional should you have any concerns and always consult with your doctor before changing any medications or healing practices.
Living Pure Natural and its subsidiaries, is not responsible for any individual reaction to any particular ingredient. People with sensitivities to any listed ingredient should not use the product. In case you are in doubt or have sensitive skin, always try an allergy patch test and if at any time irritation occurs, discontinue use of the product.
The content found on this website is for informational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Our soaps are meant for your bathing pleasure and the information provided has been collected from other sources to inform you about the possible benefits of herbs, essential oils and other natural ingredients.
Information and statements regarding health related benefits of certain ingredients are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The information provided is not meant to substitute the advice provided by your personal physician or other medical professional. Do not use the information found within this website to self-diagnose any medical conditions or treat any health problems or diseases. The information provided is not intended to prescribe or be taken as medical advice.
If you have or suspect that you have a medical condition please contact your health care provider immediately.